John Charles McDermott (born 25 March 1955) is a Scottish-Canadian tenor best known for his rendering of the song "Danny Boy". Born in Glasgow, Scotland, John moved with his family to Willowdale, Toronto, Canada in 1965. Growing up in a musical family, his only formal musical training was at St. Michael's Choir School in Toronto, Ontario in 1971 and 1972.
After singing at weddings for a few years, he joined with several other choristers to form a group, named The Mistletones, in 1980.
He performed "The Ballad of Harry Warden", the closing theme of the Canadian slasher film My Bloody Valentine (1981).
Starting in 1988, he has regularly been called upon to sing the national anthems at Boston Red Sox, Toronto Blue Jays and Toronto Maple Leafs games. From 1984 through 1992, he worked as a circulation representative for the Toronto Sun; Conrad Black heard him singing at company parties.Читать далее в Википедии...
Альбомы и синглы:
- Songs of The Isles: Ireland [альбом]
- Danny Boy [10.11.1992, альбом]
- Old Friends [25.02.1994, альбом]
- Christmas Memories [25.10.1994, альбом]
- Love Is a Voyage [1995, альбом]
- The Danny Boy Collection [1998, альбом]
- A Day to Myself [27.02.2001, альбом]
- A Time to Remember [26.02.2002, альбом]
- If Ye Break Faith ... [сборник]
- Remembrance [сборник]
- When I Grow Too Old to Dream [26.08.1997, сборник]
- Images of Christmas John McDermott and Friends [11.10.2005, сборник]