João Donato de Oliveira Neto is a Brazilian jazz and bossa nova pianist from Brazil, probably best known for his numerous albums as bandleader in the idiom. He first worked with Altamiro Carrilho, and went on to perform with other masters of the idiom such as Tom Jobim, Astrud Gilberto, as well as a host of others.
João Donato de Oliveira Neto was born in Rio Branco, the capital of the state of Acre, Brazil, on August 17, 1934. His father, also called João Donato, was a pilot and in his leisure hours liked to play the mandolin at home. His mother sang and the eldest sister, Eneyda, turned out to be a pianist. The youngest, Lysias, was more inclined to letters and became the main partner in his brother’s compositions.
João’s first instrument was an accordion, on which he composed his first piece, the waltz “Nini”, at the age of eight. Before his 12th birthday, hisЧитать далее в Википедии...
Альбомы и синглы:
- A Bossa Muito Moderna de Donato [альбом]
- The New Sound of Brazil [1965, альбом]
- Donato Deodato [1973, альбом]
- Tudo Bonito [2000, альбом]
- Muito À Vontade [2002, альбом]
- Quem é Quem [2002, альбом]
- A Bad Donato [2004, альбом]
- Dois Panos Para Manga [2006, альбом]
- Os Bossa Nova [30.11.2007, альбом]
- Aquarius [05.04.2010, альбом]
- Lugar Comum [1975, сборник]
- Millennium [2000, сборник]
- Managarroba [2006, сборник]
- Chá Dançante (Donato e seu Conjunto) [2008, сборник]
- Coleção Folha 50 anos de bossa nova, volume 7: João Donato [14.09.2008, сборник]