Jean Leclerc (born May 14, 1961) is a Québécois singer-songwriter and author from Sainte-Foy, Quebec, Canada. He is popularly known as Jean Leloup (which he likes to translate to John the Wolf), a stage name he kept using until 2006, when he temporarily changed his name to Jean Leclerc, only to resurrect his wolf character in August 2008. He is known for his colourful personality and unique musical style in the francophone rock community.
Born in Sainte-Foy, Quebec, Leclerc grew up in Togo and Algeria, where he was influenced by traditional African rhythms. He returned to Quebec in 1976, and appeared on the music scene in the 1980s, making waves with his provocative lyrics—in his song "1990", he compares the high-tech actions of Desert Storm to his sexual activities with his girlfriend.
His 1990 album L'amour est sans pitié was a hit outside of Quebec, and was released in the restЧитать далее в Википедии...
Альбомы и синглы:
- Menteur [21.06.1989, альбом]
- L’amour est sans pitié [15.08.1990, альбом]
- 1990 [04.11.1991, сингл]
- Le Dôme [30.10.1996, альбом]
- Les Fourmis [24.11.1998, альбом]
- La Vallée des réputations [03.12.2002, альбом]
- Mille Excuses Milady [28.04.2009, альбом]
- À Paradis City [03.02.2015, альбом]
- Exit: La mygale jaune [20.04.2004]
- 1985–2003 : Je joue de la guitare [22.11.2005, сборник]