Janis Siegel (born July 23, 1952) is an American Jazz singer with the vocal group The Manhattan Transfer (1972–present). In 1965 Siegel recorded with a group called Young Generation on Red Bird records. In 1972 the original Manhattan Transfer had disbanded, and founder Tim Hauser re-formed the group with different singers, including Siegel. This incarnation of the group has enjoyed international popularity, covering songs from the 1930s through the 1980s in a variety of genres including jazz fusion, R&B, pop, and doo wop. The group has received 10 Grammy Awards during Siegel's ongoing tenure, and was inducted into the Vocal Group Hall of Fame in 2003.
Her first solo album, Experiment in White, was released in 1981, and her second album, At Home, was nominated for a Grammy Award for Best Female Jazz Vocalist. Siegel is a Grammy Award winner as a member of The ManhattanЧитать далее в Википедии...
Альбомы и синглы:
- At Home [1987, альбом]
- Short Stories [1989, альбом]
- Slow Hot Wind [1995, альбом]
- The Tender Trap [1999, альбом]
- I Wish You Love [2002, альбом]
- Friday Night Special [2003, альбом]
- Sketches of Broadway [27.04.2004, альбом]
- A Thousand Beautiful Things [2006, альбом]
- Night Songs a Late Night Interlude [2013, альбом]
- Joged Kahyangan [23.05.2013, альбом]
|Bei Mir Bist Du Schon||