Hamid Cheriet (in Kabyle language Ḥamid Ceryat) better known by his stage name Idir (in Kabyle language Yidir) (b. 1949 in Beni Yenni, Algeria) is a Berber Algerian musician.
Idir was born in Beni Yenni, a Berber village in Haute-Kabylie. This farmer's son started studying Geology and was destined for a career in the petroleum industry before his rise to stardom. Idir has been the ambassador of the Kabyle culture, especially the Kabyle music, with only his vocals and acoustic guitar. Idir has always used his status to claim his Berber (Amazigh) identity. His first album A Vava Inouva came out in 1976, and the song "A Vava Inouva" was translated into seven languages. After notable success, Idir wrote and recorded his second album Ay Arrac Negh (meaning To our children) in 1979.
Idir restarted his career again with the release of a compilation in 1991 of seventeen songs from hisЧитать далее в Википедии...
Альбомы и синглы:
- Les chasseurs de lumières [альбом]
- Identités [09.1999, альбом]
- A Vava Inouva [2003, альбом]
- La France des couleurs [06.2007, альбом]
- Adrar Inu [17.12.2012, сингл]
- Idir [04.02.2013, альбом]
- Entre scènes et terres [17.10.2005]
- Les Chasseurs de Lumières [сборник]
- Deux rives, un rêve [05.2002, сборник]
|A Mon Père||
|A Vava Inouva||
|Aya El Xir Inu||
|Lettre À Ma Fille||
|Pourquoi Cette Pluie||
|Sous Le Ciel De Marseille||
|Tout Ce Temps||