Hi-Standard was a Japanese hardcore punk band who formed in 1991. The release Making the Road sparked sold-out Japan shows and US/European tours with punk bands such as NOFX, No Use for a Name and Wizo. Although members of Hi-Standard were Japanese born, all of the band's major releases were sung in English. Live footage of the band shows them talking to the crowd in their native Japanese and then immediately changing to English for the songs.
After recording five albums, the band entered a hiatus in August 2000, shortly after playing "Air Jam 2000". Ken Yokoyama began working on other projects, including BBQ CHICKENS. Yokoyama revisited the band's original label Pizza of Death Records, which has since signed many punk and alternative rock bands. Akihiro Nanba's newest project is Ultra Brain. According to CDJapan, Nanba proclaims their debut album, Neo Punk, to be the birth of neo punk. Akira Tsuneoka now providesЧитать далее в Википедии...
Альбомы и синглы:
- Last of Sunny Day [1994, альбом]
- Growing Up [13.02.1996, альбом]
- California Dreamin [26.08.1996, сингл]
- The Kids Are Alright [01.09.1996, сингл]
- Weihnachten stinkt! [1997, макси-сингл]
- Angry Fist [14.05.1997, альбом]
- Making the Road [30.06.1999, альбом]
- Love Is a Battlefield [24.07.2001, макси-сингл]