Helheim is a Viking black metal band from Bergen, Norway.
Helheim was founded in 1992 by V’gandr (bass, vocals) and H’grimnir (guitar, vocals), who added drummer Hrymr. The band began performing in local Bergen festivals, and in 1993, the band released their debut demo, Helheim, distributed only within Norway.
Soon after the release of their first demo, the band began working on new material, again as a three-piece after Nidhogg, who had joined the band briefly, left the band again. In mid-1994, the band's second demo, Nidr ok Nordr liggr Helvegr, ("Netherwards and Northwards lies Helheim") was released, and caught the attention of German label Solistitium (now Millennium Music). The band signed to the label and released their debut album, Jormundgand (named for the World Serpent, Jörmungandr), which was recorded in Grieghallen in 1995. In 1996, Helheim followed up with a EuropeanЧитать далее в Википедии...
Альбомы и синглы:
- Niðr ok Norðr liggr Helvegr [1994, альбом]
- Jormundgand [1995, альбом]
- Av norrøn ætt [1997, альбом]
- Terrorveldet [1999, макси-сингл]
- Blod & ild [2000, альбом]
- Yersinia Pestis [24.03.2003, альбом]
- The Journeys and the Experiences of Death [12.06.2006, альбом]
- Kaoskult [24.04.2008, альбом]
- Åsgards Fall [01.11.2010, макси-сингл]
- Heiðindómr ok mótgangr [01.04.2011, альбом]
- raunijaR [04.12.2015, альбом]