Gwen McCrae (née Mosley, December 21, 1943, Pensacola, Florida, United States) is an American singer, best known for her 1975 hit "Rockin' Chair".
Gwen was the youngest of five children (three sisters: one called Delores, and one brother Herman), She began performing in local clubs as a teenager, and singing with local groups like the Lafayettes and the Independents. In 1963, she met a young sailor named George McCrae who she married within a week.
From 1963, she recorded as a duo with her husband George, and was first to receive a solo recording contract, with Henry Stone's TK Records. George and Gwen were discovered in 1967 by singer Betty Wright, who helped get them signed to Stone's Alston record label.
Signed to TK subsidiary, Cat as a solo artist, she found success on the U.S. R&B charts with her cover version of Bobby Bland's "Lead Me On" in 1970, followed by "For Your Love". Following husbandЧитать далее в Википедии...
Альбомы и синглы:
- Rockin' Chair & Let's Straighten It Out [альбом]
- Rockin' Chair [1975, альбом]
- Together [1975, альбом]
- Something So Right [1976, альбом]
- Melody of Life [1979, альбом]
- Gwen McCrae [1981, альбом]
- On My Way [1982, альбом]
- Keep the Fire Burning (The Revenge Need II edit) [10.05.2010, сингл]
- Live in Paris at New Morning [27.06.2006]
- Golden Classics [1993, сборник]
- The Best Of [2004, сборник]