The Gourds are an American alternative country band that formed in Austin, Texas, United States, during the summer of 1994. After playing together for 19 consecutive years, the band went on hiatus in 2013.
Primarily evolving from the Picket Line Coyotes and the Grackles, The Gourds first line-up consisted of Kevin Russell (vocals, guitar, mandolin), Jimmy Smith (vocals, bass, guitar), Claude Bernard (accordion, guitar, vocals), and Charlie Llewellin (drums, percussion). Llewellin was replaced by Keith Langford shortly after the second album was recorded, and multi-instrumentalist Max Johnston officially joined the band after being invited to play on their third album. By the following album, Johnston had also become the band's third songwriter, though Russell and Smith continued to share the bulk of those responsibilities.
Despite a sizable amount of original material, The Gourds are probably best known for a songЧитать далее в Википедии...
Альбомы и синглы:
- Growin' a Beard (The Soundtrack) [саундтрек]
- Gogitchyershinebox [08.09.1998, альбом]
- Ghosts of Hallelujah [1999, альбом]
- Bolsa de Agua [2000, альбом]
- Dem's Good Beeble [2000, альбом]
- Stadium Blitzer [2000, альбом]
- Shinebox [2001, альбом]
- Cow Fish Fowl or Pig [2002, альбом]
- Blood of the Ram [19.10.2004, альбом]
- Heavy Ornamentals [24.01.2006, альбом]
- Noble Creatures [10.07.2007, альбом]
- Haymaker! [06.01.2009, альбом]
- Old Mad Joy [13.09.2011, альбом]
- 2002-09-04: Blue Heron, Missoula, MT, USA
- 2012-08-29: Mercury Lounge, New York, NY, USA
- Best of the Boots 2004 [07.02.2006]