Good Clean Fun is a hardcore punk band from Washington, D.C. who took their band name from the Descendents song of the same name.
Formed in 1997, the band used self-irony when spreading their message of veganism, straight edge, feminism and optimism. Their main influence is New York straight edge group Gorilla Biscuits. Other influences include 7 Seconds, Minor Threat, and Youth of Today.
The band recorded three records before pretending to part ways in 2002, saying "their mission had been accomplished and they had reached their goals." At the same time, also as predicted in their song "I Can't Wait", they released a compilation album from their entire career, Positively Positive 1997-2002, on Equal Vision. The band continued the running gag, doing a 'reunion' tour in 2004. GCF released a new record in January 2006 entitled Between Christian Rock And A Hard Place again on Equal Vision. In Europe theirЧитать далее в Википедии...
Альбомы и синглы:
- Shopping for a Crew [1998, макси-сингл]
- Who Shares Wins [1998, макси-сингл]
- Good Clean Fun / Throwdown [2000, макси-сингл]
- On the Streets Saving the Scene From the Forces of Evil [08.05.2000, альбом]
- Straight Outta Hardcore [2001, альбом]
- Between Christian Rock and a Hard Place [24.01.2006, альбом]
- Today the Scene, Tomorrow the World
- Shopping for a Crew [2000, сборник]
- Positively Positive 1997-2002 [15.10.2002, сборник]
- Crouching Tiger, Moshing Panda [27.02.2007, сборник]