God Dethroned is a Dutch death metal band from Beilen, originally formed in 1991.
God Dethroned was formed in 1991 by singer and guitar player Henri Sattler, with Hans Leegstra (guitar) and Ard de Weerd. Sattler and Leegstra had previously been in Dysentery; Leegstra, quickly after the band formed, left the music scene altogether. They recorded a demo, Christ Hunt, in 1991, after which Marco Arends joined on bass. Their first album, The Christhunt, was released on the German label Shark. Meanwhile, Arends left (to rejoin Altar) and was replaced by Marcel Beukeveld. The Christhunt did poorly; the label had refused to feature a dissected rat on the cover and did not promote the record at all. Dethroned went on hiatus the following year, in part because Sattler's anti-Christian sympathy was not shared by all, and Sattler formed a new group called Ministry of Terror. In 1996, after that band's 1994Читать далее в Википедии...
Альбомы и синглы:
- The Christhunt [1992, альбом]
- The Grand Grimoire [15.10.1997, альбом]
- Bloody Blasphemy [01.04.1999, альбом]
- Ravenous [14.02.2001, альбом]
- Into the Lungs of Hell [15.02.2003, альбом]
- The Lair of the White Worm [15.11.2004, альбом]
- The Toxic Touch [01.09.2006, альбом]
- Passiondale (Passchendaele) [24.04.2009, альбом]
- Under the Sign of the Iron Cross [19.11.2010, альбом]
- The Ancient Ones [2000, сборник]