Fun Boy Three were a short-lived but successful English new wave pop band, active from 1981 to 1983 and formed by singers Terry Hall, Neville Staple and Lynval Golding after they left The Specials.
The Fun Boy Three reduced the ska sound that they and Jerry Dammers had crafted with great success with The Specials and initially took a more minimal approach with the focus on percussion and vocals. For their second album they assembled a six-piece backing group including a cellist and a trombone player, allowing the record to feature more diverse and expansive arrangements, and also enabling them to play live instead of being a purely studio group as previously. The band enjoyed six UK Top 20 hits, including "The Lunatics (Have Taken Over the Asylum)" and "Tunnel of Love" and created two albums of which the eponymous Fun Boy Three was the most successful. The follow-up album Waiting, produced by David Byrne,Читать далее в Википедии...
Альбомы и синглы:
- The Lunatics (Have Taken Over the Asylum) [1981, сингл]
- Really Saying Something [1982, сингл]
- The Telephone Always Rings [1982, сингл]
- It Ain’t What You Do… [02.1982, сингл]
- The Fun Boy Three [03.1982, альбом]
- Our Lips Are Sealed [1983, сингл]
- The Tunnel of Love [1983, сингл]
- Waiting [02.1983, альбом]
- The Very Best Of [сборник]
- The Best of Fun Boy Three [1984, сборник]
- Really Saying Something: The Best of Fun Boy Three [1997, сборник]
- The Very Best Of [2000, сборник]
|Our Lips Are Sealed||