Frontier Ruckus is an American band from Michigan. The group's catalog can be most consistently classified as folk rock with a strong verbal emphasis. The project is centered on the lyrically intensive songs of Matthew Milia, and was formed by Milia and banjo player David Winston Jones while growing up in Metro Detroit. In 2008, the band released its debut full-length record, The Orion Songbook. Though formed in a folk tradition, Frontier Ruckus has shown an eclecticism across their catalog, incorporating aspects of baroque and jangle pop, alt-country, bluegrass, and lo-fi.
Milia and Jones formed the band while both attending Brother Rice High School in Metro Detroit. They began by playing a mixture of Milia's early compositions and traditional bluegrass songs that Jones had collected. Around this time they also recruited Eli Eisman as a bassist. While Milia attended Michigan State University—where he studiedЧитать далее в Википедии...
Альбомы и синглы:
- I Am the Water You Are Pumping [01.2007, макси-сингл]
- The Orion Songbook [06.11.2008, альбом]
- Way Upstate & the Crippled Summer, Pt. 1 [2009, макси-сингл]
- Deadmalls & Nightfalls [20.07.2010, альбом]
- Way Upstate & the Crippled Summer, Pt. 2 [01.11.2011, макси-сингл]
- Careening Catalog Immemorial [27.11.2012, сингл]
- Dealerships [15.01.2013, сингл]
- Eternity of Dimming [29.01.2013, альбом]
- Sitcom Afterlife [11.11.2014, альбом]
- Daytrotter Session [14.02.2010]