French Kicks are an indie rock group from New York City, USA. Their sound is a mix of garage rock, post-punk, and modded pop.
Three of the original four band members, bassist Jamie Krents, vocalist/drummer Nick Stumpf, and vocalist/guitarist Matthew Stinchcomb (currently Etsy's European Director), are from Washington, D.C. They were heavily influenced by the hardcore scene that flourished during their youth in the D.C. area. They began playing together in a series of bands while in their teens and then all attended Oberlin College in Ohio, where they continued to play together. The three friends then moved to Brooklyn, New York after college, where the French Kicks were formed with vocalist/guitarist Josh Wise, a Princeton grad who originally hailed from Huntsville, Alabama.
Having performed their first shows at Luna Lounge on Manhattan's Lower East Side, in 1999 they released a self-titled EP The French KicksЧитать далее в Википедии...
Альбомы и синглы:
- The French Kicks [05.10.1999, макси-сингл]
- Young Lawyer [2001, альбом]
- Young Lawyer [10.04.2001, макси-сингл]
- One Time Bells [07.05.2002, альбом]
- The Trial of the Century [04.05.2004, альбом]
- Two Thousand [18.07.2006, альбом]
- Roller EP [12.2006, макси-сингл]
- Swimming [01.04.2008, альбом]
- Daytrotter Session [27.06.2008]
- Close to Modern remixes [12.08.2003, ремикс]
|Said So What||