Frank Crumit (September 26, 1889 – September 7, 1943) was an American singer, composer, radio entertainer and vaudeville star. He shared his radio programs with his wife, Julia Sanderson, and the two were sometimes called "the ideal couple of the air."
Crumit was born in Jackson, Ohio, the son of Frank and Mary Poore Crumit. He made his first stage appearance at the age of five in a minstrel show.
Attending local schools, Crumit graduated from high school in 1907. After briefly attending an Indiana military academy, he entered Ohio University and later Ohio State University. His primary purpose for entering Ohio University was to follow in the footsteps of his grandfather, Dr. C. K. Crumit, who had been a medical doctor. He instead graduated from Ohio University with a degree in electrical engineering. This career did not last long, as his passion seemed to be music and the old ballads of the 19th century; hisЧитать далее в Википедии...
Альбомы и синглы:
- Mountain Greenery [альбом]
- Da Da Da My Darling / S' Wonderful [1927, сингл]
- Frank Crumit: A Gay Caballero (1925-1935) [09.07.2000, альбом]
- Frank Crumit [01.08.2003, альбом]
- Return of the Gay Cabellero [01.07.2008, альбом]
- The Gay Caballero [01.07.2008, альбом]
- Song of the Prune [01.02.2009, макси-сингл]
- A Gay Caballero [01.05.2011, альбом]
- Frank Crumit & His Orchestra, Popular Hits [01.01.2002, сборник]