Flash and the Pan was an Australian new wave musical group (essentially an ongoing studio project) initiated during the late 1970s by Harry Vanda and George Young, both former members of The Easybeats.
The duo's first success was their 1976 debut single "Hey St. Peter" which reached number 5 in the Australian singles chart. The next single "And the Band Played On (Down Among The Dead Men)" went one better and reached number 4 in Australia in 1977.
Their eponymous debut album followed in 1978 with the single "Walking in the Rain", originally the B side to "Hey St. Peter". The song was later covered by Grace Jones and released as the last single from her "Nightclubbing" album. Her version's best success was reaching 34 in New Zealand.
"Waiting for a Train" the lead single from their third album "Headlines" was their next success, reaching number 7 in the UK singles chart in 1983.Читать далее в Википедии...
Альбомы и синглы:
- Flash and the Pan [1978, альбом]
- Lights in the Night [1980, альбом]
- Headlines [1982, альбом]
- Early Morning Wake Up Call [1984, альбом]
- Ayla [1987, сингл]
- Nights in France [1987, альбом]
- Burning Up the Night [1992, альбом]
- Pan-Orama [1983, сборник]
- Flash Hits [1988, сборник]
- Collection [1990, сборник]
- Midnight Man [16.03.1998, сборник]
- Ayla - The Best Of [01.05.2007, сборник]
- The 12Inch Mixes [2012, сборник]
|Down Among The Dead Men||
|Hey St Peter||