Finley Quaye (born 25 March 1974, Edinburgh, Scotland) is a Scottish musician. He won the 1997 Mobo Award for best reggae act, and the 1998 BRIT Award for Best Male Solo Artist.
Finley Quaye is a grandson of vaudeville pianist Caleb Quaye. He is the youngest son of jazz musician Cab Kaye, the half-brother of guitarist Caleb Quaye, and half-brother of jazz musician and ethno-musicologist Terri Quaye. He is the father of Theodore Turgoose and of the bassist Caleb Quaye.
Born in Edinburgh, Quaye went to school in London, Manchester and Edinburgh. However, he left school with no qualifications. Before making records he took employment spraying cars, smoking fish, making futons and as a stage-rigger and scaffolder.
His father was born in London, but considered himself as African. Although known as Cab Kaye, his full name was Nii Lante Augustus Kwamlah Quaye and he was a Chief of the Ga tribe centralized in JamestownЧитать далее в Википедии...
Альбомы и синглы:
- It's Great When We're Together [сингл]
- Spiritualized [сингл]
- Sunday Shining [02.06.1997, сингл]
- Even After All [01.09.1997, сингл]
- Maverick a Strike [04.11.1997, альбом]
- Ultra Stimulation [1998, макси-сингл]
- Your Love Gets Sweeter [1998, сингл]
- Vanguard [02.10.2000, альбом]
- Much More Than Much Love [2003, альбом]
- Dice [20.10.2003, сингл]
- Pound for Pound [20.02.2009, макси-сингл]
- 28th February Road [12.11.2012, альбом]
- The Best of the Epic Years [2008, сборник]