Eliza Gilkyson (born August 24, 1950, Hollywood, California) is an Austin, Texas-based folk musician. She is the daughter of songwriter and folk musician Terry Gilkyson and his wife, Jane. Her brother is guitarist Tony Gilkyson, who played with the Los Angeles-based bands Lone Justice and X. She is married to scholar and author Robert Jensen.
Gilkyson first recorded as a vocalist on demos and soundtracks produced by her father, who wrote several hits in the 1950s and early 1960s and is also known as a singer-composer for 1960s Disney films. She released Eliza '69, her first album, in 1969 while raising a family in Santa Fe, New Mexico, and did not come out with her second, Love from the Heart, until ten years later. She moved to Austin, Texas in 1981 and released the commercial album Pilgrims before moving to Los Angeles in 1987.
After a brief stint in Los Angeles, she returned to New Mexico inЧитать далее в Википедии...
Альбомы и синглы:
- Undressed [альбом]
- Republic Of Texas Music - Vol. One [1982, альбом]
- Legends of Rainmaker [19.06.1989, альбом]
- Through the Looking Glass [27.07.1993, альбом]
- Pilgrims [05.05.1995, альбом]
- Redemption Road [17.09.1997, альбом]
- Misfits [1999, альбом]
- Hard Times in Babylon [10.10.2000, альбом]
- Lost and Found [09.04.2002, альбом]
- Land of Milk and Honey [23.03.2003, альбом]
- Paradise Hotel [09.08.2005, альбом]
- Beautiful World [2008, альбом]
- Roses at the End of Time [03.05.2011, альбом]
- The Nocturne Diaries [18.03.2014, альбом]
- 2010-07-16: Cactus Cafe, Austin, TX, USA
- Eliza Gilkyson - BBC Radio Scotland - Brand New Country - Interview and Concert - June 2006 [06.2006]
- Your Town Tonight [17.07.2007]
- Requiem [сборник]
- Retrospecto [2005, сборник]