Eleanor McEvoy (born 22 January 1967) is one of Ireland's most accomplished contemporary singer/songwriters. McEvoy composed the song "Only A Woman's Heart", title track of A Woman's Heart, the best-selling Irish album in Irish history.
McEvoy's life as a musician began at the age of four when she began playing piano. At the age of eight she took up violin. Upon finishing school she attended Trinity College, Dublin where she studied music by day and worked in pit orchestras and music clubs by night.
McEvoy graduated from Trinity with an Honors Degree in music, and spent four months busking in New York City. In 1988, she was accepted into the RTÉ National Symphony Orchestra where she spent four years before leaving to concentrate on songwriting.
She built up a following in clubs in Dublin with her three piece band, Jim Tate on bass, Noel Eccles on drums, and latterly Bill Shanley on guitar.Читать далее в Википедии...
Альбомы и синглы:
- Alone [альбом]
- If you leave ... [альбом]
- Eleanor McEvoy [1993, альбом]
- Snapshots [1996, альбом]
- What's Following Me? [13.08.1996, альбом]
- Yola [2001, альбом]
- Portrait of a Songwriter [2003, альбом]
- Early Hours [03.2004, альбом]
- Out There [09.2006, альбом]
- Love Must Be Tough [05.2008, альбом]
- I'd Rather Go Blonde [20.09.2010, альбом]
- Naked Music [16.02.2016, альбом]