Eddi Reader MBE (born Sadenia Reader; 29 August 1959) is a Scottish singer-songwriter, known both for her work with Fairground Attraction and for an enduring solo career. She is the recipient of three BRIT Awards and has topped both the album and singles charts. In 2003 she showcased the works of Scotland's national poet, Robert Burns.
Reader was born in Glasgow, the daughter of a welder, and the eldest of seven children (her brother, Francis, is vocalist with the band The Trash Can Sinatras). She was nicknamed Edna by her parents. Living at first in the district of Anderston, Glasgow, in a tenement slum demolished in 1965, the young Reader family moved to a two-bedroomed flat in the estate of Arden, Glasgow.
In 1976, due to overcrowding the family was re-housed 25 miles from Glasgow, in the council development of Irvine, Ayrshire; however, Eddi returned to Glasgow (where she lived with her grandmotherЧитать далее в Википедии...
Альбомы и синглы:
- Dear John [сингл]
- Fragile Thing [сингл]
- Joke (I'm Laughing) [сингл]
- Medicine [сингл]
- Nobody Lives Without Love [сингл]
- Town Without Pity [сингл]
- What You Do With What You've Got [21.01.1992, сингл]
- Mirmama [1993, альбом]
- Patience of Angels [1994, сингл]
- Eddi Reader [20.06.1994, альбом]
- Candyfloss and Medicine [08.07.1996, альбом]
- Angels & Electricity [11.05.1998, альбом]
- Simple Soul [09.01.2001, альбом]
- Driftwood [23.01.2002, альбом]
- Sings the Songs of Robert Burns [12.05.2003, альбом]
- Peacetime [29.01.2007, альбом]
- Love Is the Way [13.04.2009, альбом]
- Vagabond [03.02.2013, альбом]
- Live: Newcastle, UK 24.05.03 [24.05.2003]
- Live In Japan