Druhá Tráva ("Second Grass" in Czech) is a Czech bluegrass band from the Czech Republic, formed in 1991 by Robert Křesťan. As of August 2005, they have released eighteen studio albums either as a group or as side projects.
They, along with much of Central Europe were inspired by Pete Seeger's tour there in 1964. Bluegrass music had existed in the Czech Republic since the mid-1960s. Along with American folk music, it was popular among many of the students involved in the Prague Spring in 1968. These events led to the interesting situation that bluegrass and folk music was considered politically subversive by some of the Communist elite.
Along with Křesťan (lead vocals, guitar), the original line-up consisted of Luboš Malina (banjo), Jiří Meisner (bass guitar), Pavel Malina (guitar), and Luboš Novotný (dobro). In 2004, the line-up changed considerably, with Jiří Meisner and Martin Ledvina leaving the group and Petr Surý (bass) and Emil Formánek (guitar, mandolinЧитать далее в Википедии...
Альбомы и синглы:
- Robert Křesťan & Druhá tráva [альбом]
- Druhá Tráva - Revival [1992, альбом]
- Starodávný svět [1994, альбом]
- Druhá tráva s Pavlínou Jíšovou [1995, альбом]
- New Freedom Bell [1997, альбом]
- Pohlednice [1997, альбом]
- Czechmate [1999, альбом]
- Best & Last [2001, альбом]
- Good Morning, Friend [04.2004, альбом]
- Dylanovky [2007, альбом]
- Marcipán z Toleda [2011, альбом]
- Shuttle To Bethlehem [22.09.2011, альбом]
- Live in Brno 
|Rocksalt And Nails||