Downset. (originally called Social Justice) is an American rap metal band from Los Angeles, California. The band's music blends hip hop, funk, hardcore punk and heavy metal with "socially aware lyrics."
The band's original moniker was Social Justice. They began as a hardcore punk band. They released their debut album, Unity Is Strength, in 1989 and the EP I Refuse To Lose under this name with a different lineup in 1992. They were known as being one of the first hardcore bands to incorporate hip hop and funk influences into their music.
In 1992, Social Justice (1987–92) changed their name to downset., and released the Our Suffocation demo in 1993. The album, which explored various social issues such as the death of lead singer Rey Oropeza's father at the hands of the LAPD, was praised by critics. During this transition, they changed their sound by heavily incorporating rap metalЧитать далее в Википедии...
Альбомы и синглы:
- About Ta Blast [сингл]
- Anger [1993, сингл]
- No More Freedom in a Cage [1994, сингл]
- Our Suffocation [1994, сингл]
- downset. [12.07.1994, альбом]
- Generation of Hope EP [1995, макси-сингл]
- Empower [1996, сингл]
- Do We Speak a Dead Language? [03.09.1996, альбом]
- Eyes Shut Tight + Live Tracks Recorded At CBGB's [1997, сингл]
- Code Blue Coma [2000, макси-сингл]
- Check Your People [17.10.2000, альбом]
- Universal [2004, альбом]
- One Blood [21.07.2014, альбом]
- Live your hat on [сборник]
- Our Suffocation [1994, сборник]
- Live At Foundation's Forum [1995, сборник]
- One Blood [21.07.2014, сборник]