Doug and the Slugs are a Canadian pop music group formed in 1977 in Vancouver. They are best remembered for the Canadian top 40 hits "Too Bad" (1980), "Making It Work" (1983) and "Tomcat Prowl" (1988). "Too Bad" was used as the theme song for The Norm Show, a 1999-2001 sitcom starring Norm Macdonald.
Doug and the Slugs was founded in Vancouver in 1977 by Toronto-born Doug Bennett, who had been a graphic designer in his home town before moving to British Columbia in the mid-1970s. Bennett served as the band's chief songwriter, frontman, and lead singer. Keyboardist Simon Kendall described Bennett's writing style: "He had some unique and very interesting lyrics. An anachronistic style, if you like. He was a bit of R&B, he was a bit 1940s, he was a bit Tex-Mex. As a writer, I think he deserves more credit than he gets for being intelligent. He wrote some beautiful and quite provocative songs."
AfterЧитать далее в Википедии...
Альбомы и синглы:
- Cognac and Bologna [1980, альбом]
- Wrap It! [1981, альбом]
- Music for the Hard of Thinking [1982, альбом]
- Popaganda [1984, альбом]
- Tomcat Prowl [1988, альбом]
- Ten Big Ones [1984, сборник]
- Slugcology 101: A Decade of Doug and The Slugs [16.02.1996, сборник]
- Cognac and Bologna/Wrap It! [18.03.1997, сборник]
|Day By Day||