Dorothy Marie "Dottie" West (October 11, 1932 – September 4, 1991) was an American country music singer and songwriter. Along with her friends and fellow recording artists Patsy Cline and Loretta Lynn, she is considered one of the genre's most influential and groundbreaking female artists. Dottie West's career started in the 1960s, with her Top 10 hit, "Here Comes My Baby Back Again", which won her the first Grammy Award for Best Female Country Vocal Performance in 1965. In the 1960s, West was one of the few female country singers working in what was then a male-dominated industry, influencing other female country singers like Lynn Anderson, Crystal Gayle, Barbara Mandrell, Dolly Parton, and Tammy Wynette. Throughout the 1960s, West had Top 10 and Top 20 hits on the country music charts.
In the early 1970s, West wrote a popular commercial for the Coca-Cola company, titled "Country Sunshine", which reached No. 2 on Billboard's Hot Country Singles in 1973. In the late-70sЧитать далее в Википедии...
Альбомы и синглы:
- Dottie Sings Eddy [альбом]
- Country and West [01.01.1970, альбом]
- Country Sunshine [1973, альбом]
- Every Time Two Fools Collide [1978, альбом]
- Classics [1979, альбом]
- Wild West [1980, альбом]
- Are You Happy Baby - The Dottie West Collection (1976 - 1984) [сборник]
- The Essential Dottie West [сборник]
- Greatest Hits [1992, сборник]
- Dottie West - Country Sunshine: The RCA Hit Singles 1963-1974 [25.10.2011, сборник]