Damien Dempsey (born in Donaghmede, Dublin) is an Irish singer and songwriter who mixes traditional Irish folk with contemporary lyrics to deliver social comment on the positive and negative aspects arising from Ireland's Celtic Tiger society. He sings in English, and to a lesser extent in Irish.
Dempsey was born and raised in Donaghmede, a Northside suburb of Dublin. His father was a panel-beater while his mother had a variety of jobs in the area. His earliest musical influences came from the post-pub musical sessions that were held in his parents house when he was a toddler. This developed into a love of artists such as Christy Moore, Luke Kelly, Shane MacGowan, Bob Marley and Elvis Presley.
Shy as a teenager, Dempsey retreated to his bedroom where he spent his time honing his singing and guitar playing. He soon started to pen his own songs, testing the water on his pleasantly surprised family with "a songЧитать далее в Википедии...
Альбомы и синглы:
- They Don't Teach This Shit in School [13.03.2000, альбом]
- It's All Good [2003, сингл]
- Seize the Day [16.05.2003, альбом]
- Shots [11.03.2005, альбом]
- To Hell or Barbados [18.06.2007, альбом]
- Kilburn Stroll [16.11.2007, сингл]
- A Rainy Night in Soho [30.05.2008, сингл]
- The Rocky Road [06.06.2008, альбом]
- Almighty Love [28.10.2012, альбом]
- Live at The Olympia [02.06.2006]