C. W. McCall is the pseudonym of William Dale Fries, Jr. (born November 15, 1928, Audubon, Iowa, United States), an American singer, activist and politician known for his truck-themed outlaw country songs. While most of the songs tended to be humorous or amusing, even reaching it could be said somewhat into the "Novelty" category, some also had serious commentary rooted in environmental conservation & protection issues of their day. Historic western U.S. places or events were another frequent subject, while some others were written to reflect patriotic themes or as commentary on the political climate of the era & times during which they were released.
In 1973, while working as a creative director for Bozell & Jacobs, an Omaha, Nebraska, advertising agency, Fries created a Clio Award-winning (1974) television advertising campaign advertising Old Home Bread for the Metz Baking Company. The advertisementsЧитать далее в Википедии...
Альбомы и синглы:
- Truckin [альбом]
- Black Bear Road [1975, альбом]
- Convoy [1975, сингл]
- Wolf Creek Pass [1975, альбом]
- Rubber Duck [1976, альбом]
- Wilderness [1976, альбом]
- Roses for Mama [1977, альбом]
- C.W. McCall & Co. [1979, альбом]
- The Real McCall An American Storyteller [1990, альбом]
- American Spirit [20.05.2003, альбом]
- C.W. McCall WFO Collection [сборник]
- Greatest Hits [1984, сборник]
- The Best of C.W. McCall [1997, сборник]