Cultura Profética (in English, Prophetic Culture) is a Puerto Rican reggae band formed in 1996. The band has undergone several lineup changes, but founding members Willy Rodríguez (bass guitar, vocals), Boris Bilbraut (drums, vocals), Eliut González (guitar), and Omar Silva (guitar, bass guitar) have remained in the group throughout its history. Despite primarily performing reggae music, Cultura Profética has experimented with genres such as bossa nova, tango, jazz, and salsa. Lyrically, the group discusses socio-political and ecological issues including Latin American identity and environmental concerns, as well as interpersonal relationships and love.
After gaining popularity in Puerto Rico as a cover band, Cultura Profética began performing original music and released its debut album, Canción de Alerta, in 1998. The group followed up with Ideas Nuevas in 2000, which featured further musical experimentation with a wider variety of musical stylesЧитать далее в Википедии...
Альбомы и синглы:
- Canción de alerta [1998, альбом]
- Ideas nuevas [1999, альбом]
- Diario [02.08.2004, альбом]
- M.O.T.A. [11.10.2005, альбом]
- La dulzura [2010, альбом]
- Mi balcón [08.04.2011, сингл]
- Cultura en vivo [19.06.2001]
- Tribute to the Legend Bob Marley [08.03.2007]
- Cultura en directo!!! [2004, сборник]