Chris Pureka is an American acoustic singer-songwriter from Northampton, Massachusetts. Raised in Connecticut, Pureka began writing songs at the age of eight and began playing the guitar at 16. Pureka soon became a frequent performer at local coffee houses and open mics. As a young performer, Pureka opened shows for such artists as Erin McKeown and Pamela Means while completing a degree in biology at Wesleyan University. After graduating, Pureka worked in a microbiology research lab at Smith College in Northampton, eventually leaving to focus on music full-time. In June 2001, Pureka recorded a self-titled seven-song EP in preparation for a three-month nationwide tour with lesbian folk poet Alix Olson. The EP, which was home-recorded in two weeks and featured Pureka playing back-up accompaniment on the mandolin and bass, was later mastered and reprinted for the 2005 summer tour.
In 2004, Pureka released Driving North, their first full-length album, earning rave reviewsЧитать далее в Википедии...
Альбомы и синглы:
- Chimera [альбом]
- Driving North [14.09.2004, альбом]
- Dryland [24.10.2006, альбом]
- Chimera [03.04.2009, макси-сингл]
- How I Learned to See in the Dark [13.04.2010, альбом]
- Chimera II [25.06.2013, альбом]
- Daytrotter Session [22.06.2010, прочее]
- Daytrotter Session [07.12.2012, прочее]
|Come Back Home||