Christopher "Chris" Hillman (born December 4, 1944 in Los Angeles, California, United States) is an American musician. He was one of the original members of The Byrds, which in 1965 included Roger McGuinn, Gene Clark, David Crosby and Michael Clarke. With frequent collaborator Gram Parsons, Hillman was a key figure in the development of country rock, defining the genre through his work with The Byrds, The Flying Burrito Brothers, Manassas and the country-rock group Desert Rose Band.
Hillman, the third of four children, spent his early years at his family's ranch home in rural northern San Diego County, approximately 110 miles (180 km) from Los Angeles. He has credited his older sister with exciting his interest in country and folk music when she returned from college during the late 1950s with folk music records by The New Lost City Ramblers and others. Hillman soon began watching many of the country-musicЧитать далее в Википедии...
Альбомы и синглы:
- Morning Sky [альбом]
- Slippin' Away [1976, альбом]
- Clear Sailin [1977, альбом]
- McGuinn, Clark & Hillman [1979, альбом]
- City [1980, альбом]
- McGuinn - Hillman [1980, альбом]
- Desert Rose [11.1984, альбом]
- Bakersfield Bound [21.05.1996, альбом]
- Like a Hurricane [16.06.1998, альбом]
- Way Out West [2002, альбом]
- The Other Side [2005, альбом]
- The Capitol Collection [28.01.2008, сборник]