The Cherry Poppin' Daddies are an American band established in Eugene, Oregon in 1989. Formed by singer Steve Perry and bassist Dan Schmid, the band has experienced many membership changes over the years, with only Perry, Schmid and trumpeter Dana Heitman currently remaining from the founding line-up.
The Daddies' music is primarily a mix of swing and ska, contrastingly encompassing both traditional jazz-influenced forms of the genres as well as modern rock, pop and punk hybrids, characterized by a prominent horn section and Perry's darkly mordant lyricism. While the band's earliest releases were rooted mostly in punk rock and funk, their subsequent studio albums have since incorporated elements from many diverse genres of popular music and Americana into their sound, including rockabilly, rhythm and blues, soul and world music.
Having first established themselves in the West Coast third wave ska scene, the Daddies ultimately broke into the musical mainstream withЧитать далее в Википедии...
Альбомы и синглы:
- Ferociously Stoned [1990, альбом]
- Rapid City Muscle Car [1994, альбом]
- Kids on the Street [1996, альбом]
- Vacationing in Palm Springs [1997, макси-сингл]
- Zoot Suit Riot [1998, сингл]
- Soul Caddy [03.10.2000, альбом]
- Susquehanna [19.02.2008, альбом]
- White Teeth, Black Thoughts [16.07.2013, альбом]
- Please Return the Evening [19.07.2014, альбом]
- The Boop-a-Doo [22.01.2016, альбом]
- Zoot Suit Riot [01.07.1997, сборник]
- Skaboy JFK [29.09.2009, сборник]