Cara Elizabeth Dillon (born 21 July 1975, Dungiven, County Londonderry, Northern Ireland) is an Irish folk singer. In 1995, she joined folk group Equation and signed a record deal with Warners Music Group. She collaborated with Sam Lakeman under the name Polar Star. In 2001, she released her first solo album titled Cara Dillon. The album contained traditional songs and original Dillon/Lakeman songs "Blue Mountain River" and "I Wish I Was". The opening track of the album is "Black is the Colour".
Her second album "Sweet Liberty" (2003) entered the Irish album charts and the UK indie album charts. Dillon received The Meteor Irish Music Award for Best Irish Female. Her third album, After the Morning, released 2006, had the Czech Philharmonic Orchestra playing on two tracks – "Garden Valley" and "The Snows They Melt The Soonest". Paul Brady sang on "The Streets of Derry" and "Never in a Million Years" gained Radio 2 airplay. Dillon released her fourthЧитать далее в Википедии...
Альбомы и синглы:
- Cara Dillon [16.07.2001, альбом]
- High Tide [2003, сингл]
- Sweet Liberty [22.09.2003, альбом]
- This Time / I Wish You Well [2005, сингл]
- Black Is the Colour [2006, сингл]
- After the Morning [27.02.2006, альбом]
- If I Prove False [19.05.2008, сингл]
- Hill of Thieves [26.01.2009, альбом]
- A Thousand Hearts [19.05.2014, альбом]
- Live at the Grand Opera House [10.2010]