Bratmobile was an American punk band. Bratmobile was a first-generation "riot grrrl" band, which grew from the Pacific Northwest and Washington, DC underground. It was influenced by several eclectic musical styles, including elements of pop, surf, and garage rock.
Bratmobile formed when University of Oregon students Allison Wolfe and Molly Neuman collaborated on an influential feminist fanzine, Girl Germs. At first, Wolfe admitted that they were "a fake band" because they did not play instruments, but they had written some songs which they performed a cappella. Neuman's friend Calvin Johnson, an indie musician in the Olympia scene, asked her to play a show on Valentine's Day in 1991 with Bikini Kill and Some Velvet Sidewalk. After confessing that they were not into a band in an attempt to get out of it, they agreed and sought the help of Some Velvet Sidewalk member Robert Christie. Christie let Bratmobile borrowЧитать далее в Википедии...
Альбомы и синглы:
- Kiss and Ride [1992, сингл]
- Throwaway / Words and Smiles [1992, сингл]
- Live [12.1992, сингл]
- Working Holiday: May [05.1993, сингл]
- Pottymouth [06.1993, альбом]
- Peel Session [1994, альбом]
- The Real Janelle [1994, макси-сингл]
- Ladies, Women and Girls [10.2000, альбом]
- Girls Get Busy [2002, альбом]