Bob Dorough (born December 12, 1923) is an American bebop and cool jazz pianist, singer, composer, songwriter, arranger and producer.
He worked with Miles Davis and Blossom Dearie, and his adventurous style was an influence on Mose Allison, among other singers. He is perhaps best known as the primary composer of and performer of many of the songs used in Schoolhouse Rock!, a series of educational animated shorts appearing on Saturday morning television in the 1970s and 1980s on ABC affiliates in the United States. He has released vocal jazz albums periodically over the last 50 years; his latest, Eulalia, came out in 2014.
Dorough was born in Arkansas and grew up in Texas. He played in a "Special Services Army Band Unit, gaining much professional experience as arranger, clarinetist, saxophonist, pianist, and entertainer" during World War II. After that, he attended the College of MusicЧитать далее в Википедии...
Альбомы и синглы:
- Just About Everything [1994, альбом]
- Devil May Care [1996, альбом]
- Too Much Coffee Man [2000, альбом]
- Who's on First? [24.10.2000, альбом]
- Complete Recordings [2004, альбом]
- Sunday At Iridium [2004, альбом]
- Small Day Tomorrow [2006, альбом]
- But For Now [24.04.2014, альбом]
|Hey Little Twelve Toes||
|Lucky Seven Sampson||
|Naughty Number Nine||
|Three Is A Magic Number||