Billy Ward and his Dominoes were an African-American R&B vocal group. One of the most successful R&B groups of the early 1950s, the Dominoes helped launch the singing careers of two notable members, Clyde McPhatter and Jackie Wilson.
Billy Ward (born Robert L. Williams, 19 September 1921, Savannah, Georgia, died 16 February 2002, Inglewood, California) grew up in Philadelphia, the second of three sons of Charles Williams and Cora Bates Williams, and was a child musical prodigy, winning an award for a piano composition at the age of 14. Following military service with the Coast Guard Artillery Choir he studied music in Chicago, and at the Juilliard School of Music in New York. While working as a vocal coach and part-time arranger on Broadway, he met talent agent Rose Marks, who became his business and songwriting partner.
The pair set out to form a vocal group from the ranks of his students, hoping to cash inЧитать далее в Википедии...
Альбомы и синглы:
- Clyde McPhatter With Billy Ward and His Dominoes [альбом]
- Rags to Riches / Don't Thank Me [1953, сингл]
- Yours Forever [1958, альбом]
- Sixty Minute Man [сборник]
- The Very Best of Billy Ward and the Dominos [сборник]
- Sixty Minute Men - Best Of [16.11.1993, сборник]
|Sixty Minute Man||