Bill Morrissey (November 25, 1951 – July 23, 2011) was an American folk singer/songwriter from New Hampshire. Many of his songs reflect the harsh realities of life in crumbling New England mill towns.
Morrissey was born in Hartford, Connecticut. He seems to have found his craft and his own voice in the American country blues of Mississippi John Hurt and Robert Johnson, the pure country of Hank Williams, the Kansas City jazz of Count Basie and Lester Young, and the New York folk songwriters of the 1960s. His eponymous first album released in 1984 on the Reckless label, and then re-recorded for the Philo label, includes the song "Small Town on the River", a song about a small town in New Hampshire after the mill closes.
Over the course of his long career, two of Morrissey's twelve albums received Grammy nominations and several earned 4-star reviews in Rolling Stone. Stephen Holden, for the New York TimesЧитать далее в Википедии...
Альбомы и синглы:
- North [1986, альбом]
- Standing Eight [1989, альбом]
- Inside [1992, альбом]
- Friend of Mine [1993, альбом]
- Night Train [1994, альбом]
- Bill Morrissey [28.01.1994, альбом]
- You'll Never Get to Heaven [1996, альбом]
- Songs of Mississippi John Hurt [1999, альбом]
- Something I Saw or Thought I Saw [2001, альбом]
- Come Running [2007, альбом]
- The Essential Collection [2004, сборник]
|As Long As The Sun||
|Its Dangerous Out There||
|Its Time To Go Home||
|Man From Out Of Town||
|Small Town On The River||
|These Cold Fingers||