Bill Doggett (February 16, 1916 – November 13, 1996) was an American jazz and rhythm and blues pianist and organist. He is best known for his compositions "Honky Tonk" and "Hippy Dippy", and variously working with the Ink Spots, Johnny Otis, Wynonie Harris, Ella Fitzgerald, and Louis Jordan.
William Ballard Doggett was born in Philadelphia. His mother, a church pianist, introduced him to music when he was nine years old. By the time he was fifteen, he had joined a Philadelphia area combo, playing local theaters and clubs while attending high school.
Doggett later sold his band to Lucky Millinder, and worked during the 1930s and early 1940s for Frank Fairfax, Lucky Millinder and arranger Jimmy Mundy. In 1942 he was hired as the Ink Spots' pianist and arranger.
Toward the end of 1947, he replaced Wild Bill Davis as the pianist for Louis Jordan's Tympany Five. It was in Jordan's group that he firstЧитать далее в Википедии...
Альбомы и синглы:
- Everybody Dance the Honky Tonk [1956, альбом]
- Honky Tonk [1956, сингл]
- The Doggett Beat for Dancing Feet [1956, альбом]
- Hot Doggett [1957, альбом]
- As You Desire Me [1958, альбом]
- Dame Dreaming With Bill Doggett [1958, альбом]
- Wow! [11.1964, альбом]
- Honky Tonk Popcorn [1969, альбом]
- Bill Doggett [1987, альбом]
- All His Hits [сборник]
- Lionel Hampton Presents Bill Doggett [сборник]
- Trading Licks [1987, сборник]
- Leaps and Bounds [1991, сборник]
- The Very Best of Bill Doggett Honky Tonk [2004, сборник]