Betty Davis (born Betty Mabry, July 26, 1945) is an American funk singer.
Born in 1945, Betty Mabry grew up in Durham, North Carolina, and just outside Pittsburgh. On her grandmother’s farm in Reidsville, North Carolina, she listened to B.B. King, Jimmy Reed, and Elmore James and other blues musicians. One of the first songs she wrote, at the age of twelve, was called "I’m Going to Bake That Cake of Love."
Aged 16, she left Pittsburgh for New York City, enrolling at the Fashion Institute of Technology while living with her aunt. She soaked up the Greenwich Village culture and folk music of the early 1960s. She associated herself with frequenters of the Cellar, a hip uptown club where young and stylish people congregated. It was a multiracial, artsy crowd of models, design students, actors, and singers. At the Cellar she played records and chatted people up. She also worked as a model, appearingЧитать далее в Википедии...
Альбомы и синглы:
- Betty Davis Hangin' Out in Hollywood [альбом]
- Betty Davis [1973, альбом]
- They Say I'm Different [1974, альбом]
- Nasty Gal [1975, альбом]
- Crashin' from Passion [1995, альбом]
- Is It Love or Desire [06.10.2009, альбом]
- Anti Love: The Best of Betty Davis [1995, сборник]
- This Is It! [2005, сборник]
|Your Mama Wants Ya Back||