Bastro was an American post-hardcore band which was active in the late 1980s and early 1990s. The band's main line-up consisted of David Grubbs on guitar, Clark Johnson on bass guitar, and John McEntire on drums. The band also experimented with use of piano, organ and musique concrète compositions, foreshadowing McEntire's and Grubbs' subsequent musical projects.
Bastro was formed by Squirrel Bait guitarist David Grubbs after the Squirrel Bait folded in 1987. After high school, Grubbs moved to Washington, D.C. to attend Georgetown University where he started an early version of Bastro with bassist Dan Treado, who soon left. Ex-Squirrel Bait bassist Clark Johnson joined Grubbs and the duo recorded the six-song EP Rode Hard & Put Up Wet, backed by a drum machine and engineered by Steve Albini for Homestead Records in 1988.
After their first release, Bastro toured with the band My Dad Is DeadЧитать далее в Википедии...
Альбомы и синглы:
- Rode Hard and Put Up Wet [1988, макси-сингл]
- Diablo Guapo [1989, альбом]
- Shoot Me a Deer [1989, сингл]
- Sing the Troubled Beast [1990, альбом]
- Bastro and Codeine [1991, сингл]
- Nothing Special / Flesh-Colored House [1991, сингл]
- 1990-01-14: Peel Session, Maida Vale, London, UK
- Sing the Troubled Beast / Bastro Diablo Guapo [22.02.2005, сборник]