Almendra was one of the most important rock and roll groups from Buenos Aires, Argentina in the late 1960s.
Led by guitarist and lyricist Luis Alberto Spinetta, Almendra released between 1968 and 1971 a few singles and two albums that revolutionized the sound of Argentine rock for the remainder of the 20th century and almost single-handedly changed the way local rock music was perceived by critics and audiences. Widely compared to The Beatles by their local contemporaries, Almendra did not survive the 1960s and the making of the difficult second album, though all individual members went on to form the backbone of Argentine rock in the 1970s.
Almendra was formed in 1968 after the breakup of three teenage school groups, Los Sbirros, Los Mods and Los Larkins. The initial rehearsals were held at Spinetta's house in Belgrano (an upper-middle-class neighbourhood of Buenos Aires). By mid-1968, they met producer RicardoЧитать далее в Википедии...
Альбомы и синглы:
- Hoy todo el hielo en la ciudad [1968, сингл]
- Tema de Pototo [1968, сингл]
- Gabinetes espaciales [1969, сингл]
- Almendra [29.11.1969, альбом]
- Hermano perro [1970, сингл]
- Almendra II [09.12.1970, альбом]
- El valle interior [1980, альбом]
- Almendra en Obras I & II 
- Un pájaro te sostiene [1994, сборник]
- 20 Éxitos [1995, сборник]
- Almendra 68/70 [1999, сборник]
- Antología [03.11.2000, сборник]
- Inolvidables RCA: 20 Grandes Éxitos [12.08.2003, сборник]